After mountains of paperwork and travel plans, we met JM early in August and brought him back to meet Maggie and another new pal, our dog Lucy. Some random milestones in the last year:
- lots of new words
- conquering the stairs
- discovering favorite foods, like ice cream, pizza, bananas, yogurt, eggs
- meeting family and friends
- so many firsts: kisses to Mommy, Daddy, & Maggie, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas & Valentine's Day sleeping through the night, saying "no" - a new favorite word :), haircut (with us anyway), snow and hot chocolate
post hot chocolate sugar rush
I'm finding it hard to express just how much we love JM and how full our lives are. He is an energetic, silly, sweet kid - very much a boy. His smile is wide and his jump shot strong! We couldn't be happier to call him son.
JM's birthday is in May and we hope to finalize JM's adoption soon. We will keep you posted here. Thanks to you all for your love and support.



A year! Already! I remember hearing that you got the call and how very excited I was for you. I can't believe a year has gone by since that time. I love hearing all of your stories about JM and Maggie and the "new normal." I wish you a easy process with the finalization.
ReplyDelete(We just hit two years and we.are.still.waiting.)
Keep enjoying your sweet boy and all the love he brings you each day.